View Single Post
Old 06-03-08, 11:18 AM   #29
m0t0rcade

Default Re: Geforce GTX 280 Performance, Price and Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post

I don't think anything you "moron?", i speak from the graph nvidia released and are using logical thinking, am not assuming anything here! Mathematics or logical thinking, words against words.. theories against theories. What can i say? The mathematical theory says its 1.8 aka 80% faster if you guess that the nubers on the far left side really is "times faster", but that wouldn't correspond to the bars. The logical theory is that the bar is 4 times as high in a performance chart then this would mean its 4 times as fast, logically. So noone can really say witch one is right as we dont know what the numbers on the left means, we can only guess here. I'd like to see on things from the logical side.

Ps, there's no need to flame and behave like a kid. Youre welcome to take part in this discussion if you feel so. But keep doing as you did in your first post is gonna make your time on nvnews short believe me.

That is because nVidia cut off 0.0 - 0.8 part of the graph to make you think this. I love nVidia, but this is Marketing 101. Dumb people look at the bars and say, well that one is 4x higher so it is 4x better. Then those dumb people buy the card under that assumption.

I am a huge nvidia fan, and will get the GTX 280, but it is not 4x better than the current generation. It is about 1.8x faster like the other guy said. Which is good enough.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Zalman ZNPS9700 110mm
eVGA 9800GTX 512MB 802/2400
G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB
Acer 22" LCD Monitor
m0t0rcade is offline   Reply With Quote