View Single Post
Old 06-04-08, 05:04 PM   #1317
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisk View Post
Hey so I just stumbled across this awesome thread. I've read back a few pages but don't have the time to read it all atm, I was wondering if anyone knew of mods or addon's that make the cities a little more accurate. For instance with NYC not only are alot of key buildings missing but aside from some major roads, the entire thing doesn't even have the roads going the right way. If you see a map of NYC the entire thing is in a grid pattern except for broadway on a diagonal. Not a big deal but it does take away from the realism and it would be nice to have something from satellite images or Google earth's buildings in there.
Ultimate Terrain X USA(UTX) is about the best add on for that. It makes the urban landclass much more accurate, as well as upgrading the look and accuracy of all the roads, although even with UTX the roads in NYC are still screwed up. As far as I know there is no way to fix that, they will be diagonal no matter what, rather than aligned with the ussual grid pattern. I would think for a major city like NY they would have taken steps to fix that, but unfortunately not.

If you check pages 62 through 64 of this thread I posted some comparison images with UTX.
EVGA Intel X58