View Single Post
Old 07-31-03, 04:05 PM   #7
CapsLock

Before you jump to any conclusions about how either company is doing, you might want to do a little more research. This was posted by hiamps at rage3d, I'm not exactly sure of his source however I have seen these same numbers in numerous places myself.

Ontario-based ATI Technologies (NASDAQ:ATYT - News) is one of two main players in the market for video processors, the chips used in personal computers to display game graphics and movies. Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA - News), headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., is the other. The pair has been locked in fierce competition for years, but a look at ATI's fiscal third-quarter results, reported June 25, shows that ATI may be starting to gain market share.

Revenues of $342.1 million for the quarter ended May 31 trounced both the consensus expectation of $305 million and ATI's own guidance of $300 million, and represented year-over-year growth of 28%. Nvidia's most recent quarterly filing showed a 31% year-over-year revenue decline. And while Nvidia's guidance calls for, at most, 8% revenue growth this quarter, ATI is expecting at least 40%.

and just found to corroborate the 31% nvidia decline at x-bit:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...728155713.html

So, how about them apples? Nvidia is big and has money, but I think Ati is puttin the hurt on.

CapsLock