View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 12:04 AM   #3
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Awesome thread Brady. Things went perfect for my installation, I just still can't believe how easy it was to do it. As for supporting Apple and buying a copy of Leopard, it is still on my list of things to do. I thought at first that you could buy a copy and tweak it in order to make it installable on the PC. So it all works out in the end.

Can't wait to get my new Vostro laptop in soon and install it with XP on the side. Brady, hope this thread last man, I know a lot of people around here are a little touchy with the whole pirating thing.
Yeah, I used the Kalyway installation DVD it couldn't have been easier. Is that what you used? In the other thread you mentioned you used the custom drivers during the installation. I did that with some of my initial installs but found that my vram was being reported in the OS incorrectly and supected it wasn't all getting used as it should in certain situations. Now, when I install Leopard I don't install any of the video or sound drivers. I use the latest ones posted at insanelymac. The NV drivers I'm currently using report all 768mb of vram on my GTX and it appears to be working just as it should.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote