- Fixed aliased font rendering corruption on X.Org server 1.5.
- Fixed a display corruption problem driving two dual-link DFPs with Quadro FX 1700 GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the X driver from starting on some GeForce FX, 6 and 7 mobile GPUs.
- Fixed a locale-interaction issue in the nvidia-settings X server configuration file parser.
- Fixed a problem that caused a memory leak when some OpenGL applications are syncing to vblank.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 173.14.09
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
Please note: This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForceFX and newer NVIDIA GPUs
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...3.14.09.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.05
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 173.14.09
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678