View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 11:00 AM   #52
pizzaguy
*BANNED*

Default Re: Official GeForce GTX 280 and GTX 260 reviews thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Meh, not enough of an improvement for me to consider buying one.

The only current game that gives me any significant performance problems is Crysis and 10 more fps average is about a quarter of what is needed to smooth that game out.

Looks like I'm saving $600 this time around.
Some of you guys must really be suffering from short term memory. Have you already forgotten how much the 8800GTX has improved in performance after a few driver releases vs when it was brand new on its first set of drivers? I mean really.........if you do not realize that this card will only get better after a few driver releases and if you really think that this is as good as it will get then you are simply out of your mind.

This card will get better with time and I predict in a couple of months a lot of you guys will be shutting your mouths about some of the things you have said and most of you here complaining about it will end up with a GTX 260 or 280 in your gaming rig. LOL.

Also in all honesty both the GTX 260 and 280 are throwing out some really impressive numbers considering how early the drivers are. It will only get better people, learn to have patience as its way to early in the game to completely write off either card.
pizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote