View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 11:32 AM   #64
Bman212121

Default Re: Official GeForce GTX 280 and GTX 260 reviews thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I just looked at more of the benchmarks that are out there and the 280 is ridiculously fast in some games... but like I said before, the only game I can think of that desperately needs more performance is Crysis, and the 280 just doesn't do all that much there.

And it doesn't seem like an engine limitation because older cards in SLI are overtaking the 280 easily in those benchmarks.
I would agree completely. I'm not really sure what is going on in Crysis but it could be a bug that needs to be addressed.

I think part of the problem is everyone can't get passed this game as their primary comparision because it is the "system killer". However, one game cannot paint a picture for every other game on the market. It gives you a general idea (much like 3dmark) but as we've seen with 3dmark it can vary significantly.

If you saw I made a little edit a couple of posts ago, I really do think that once we get a couple of other games like Crysis that come out this year (ie Alan Wake) they might have even bigger gaps between older and newer hardware.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote