View Single Post
Old 06-18-08, 08:19 PM   #87
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Another thing I really like is how OSX packages applications. If you want to install an application, you simply drag ONE file to the application folder. That's it. No bull**** 2000+ installation files necessary for an application to run like on Windows. If you want to uninstall an application, you simply drag it to the trash can. Prevents bloat. I like it.
It took me a bit to realize that's the way it worked. I was trying to uninstall something and somebody ended up telling me I just drag the app to the trash and that's it. Excuse me?!?! Now that is a feature I can get use to.

The only thing I don't like, and this is probably only because I'm so use to managing resources on Windows systems, is that when you close an app like Safari by clicking the red button the app still remains in system memory and is sort of running back there. A lot of apps require you to do another right click on the icon and select 'quit' or you can click the Apple at the top left of the screen and select 'force quit' and it'll give you a list of apps that are running in the background which you can close. I don't really like that. When I'm done with something, I'm done. I don't want it hanging around in memory. So far, that's my only gripe.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote