View Single Post
Old 06-18-08, 10:15 PM   #89
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I kind of like that feature actually. If I close firefox for example, since it's already in memory, it will startup instantly. Firefox loads fast anyway, but with apps that use a lot of memory (like photoshop, etc) it can be a really good feature. And if you want to unload them all you have to do is right click and click quit.

So I installed Office 2008. In short - it sucks compared to Office 2007. It's a lot better than Open Office, that's for sure, but it lags like crazy on large documents. Since I'm currently working on a document around 60+ pages, it's a deal breaker for me. And Office 2007 for Vista is a LOT better interface wise. I can format things a lot quicker. I mean, I doubt Microsoft is going to make their office suite better for the Mac than on their own OS.

But OSX is a great OS. If all you do is surf the internet, listen to music, send emails, view photos, etc, it is way better than windows. It looks prettier too. But when you start to look at actually doing work Windows has an advantage due to the sheer variety of applications for it.
You think it sucks compared to 2007? I really don't like Office 2007 where it's so different from 2003. 2003 was pretty close to perfect but MS had to make it "dummy proof" and they failed at that. Office for Mac is more like 2003, so that's why I like it.

OSX is an awesome OS. I think the popularity of Macs will only increase in the next 5-10 years, so more apps for OSX will be available then. I just hope that Apple can learn from the Microsoft model a little bit and vice versa
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote