View Single Post
Old 06-19-08, 08:42 AM   #96
ViN86

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
FF3 is defiantly better than safari. It seems a little faster, cleaner, and the add-ins just seal the deal. Both are a step up from IE.

As far as more accessible, I mean that I'm able to use my time on the computer much more efficiently. It's little things. Like the dashboard app on the dock for example. And time I ever need to use the calculator, check the weather, etc, it's just one click away. In windows, I have to click through annoying menus to get to it. I know you can just make a shortcut to whatever you want on the taskbar, but the dock on OSX just feels easier to use. It's so much more intuitive

And I love the simplicity of applications like Mail, Address Book, and iCal. So much nicer than that bloatware known as Outlook. I might just ditch Vista and keep OSX on one drive, and install XP on another in case I ever need to play a game.

I have ran into two minor glitches. One the USB 2.0 driver is kind of wonky. I had some trouble getting my iPhone to recognize on the system. All of a sudden it started working though, so hopefully it keeps up. And there is also this weird thing where it won't connect to the internet on startup. I have to go in and reset the DHCP connection. Not a show stopper, but it is annoying.
im sure you can set a DHCP reset command on startup. google around and im sure you will find it. that should alleviate that minor annoyance. i hate those tiny things that are so damn repetitive.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote