View Single Post
Old 06-19-08, 11:53 PM   #50
Lfctony

Default Re: Just got my GTX 280 and some Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I wanted to let you know that I have reported this thread to my contacts at NVIDIA. I actually experienced a similar issue with the GeForce GTX 280 FTW Edition from EVGA in that NVIDIA's system monitor reported a GPU temperature of 104C within a few seconds of running the RTHDRIBL utility.

When I noticed the extreme temperature, I immediately shut down the utility and my system and attempted to remove the graphics card, but it was extremely hot to the touch. After waiting a few minutes I removed the graphics card and installed the NVIDIA reference graphics card I received, along with re-installing the drivers. The temps on the NVIDIA reference graphics card reached a peak of 78C running RTHDRIBL.

I then removed the NVIDIA reference graphics card and re-installed the EVGA graphics card, which ran fine with peak temps reaching 80C as it is moderately overclocked. I apologize for not mentioning this in the review, but I thought this incident was a fluke. Now that other people are experiencing a similar issue, there may be more to this than I originally thought.
Mine went up in smoke too. I'm actually sending the card back to BFG today. 620e for the card to get it as fast as possible, and another 30 now to send it back, plus 150e for the new psu I bought just to make sure the card got enough juice... This is costing me a fortune and I don't even have a card to game with...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote