View Single Post
Old 06-20-08, 02:46 AM   #52
pingu2

Default Re: Just got my GTX 280 and some Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I wanted to let you know that I have reported this thread to my contacts at NVIDIA. I actually experienced a similar issue with the GeForce GTX 280 FTW Edition from EVGA in that NVIDIA's system monitor reported a GPU temperature of 104C within a few seconds of running the RTHDRIBL utility.

When I noticed the extreme temperature, I immediately shut down the utility and my system and attempted to remove the graphics card, but it was extremely hot to the touch. After waiting a few minutes I removed the graphics card and installed the NVIDIA reference graphics card I received, along with re-installing the drivers. The temps on the NVIDIA reference graphics card reached a peak of 78C running RTHDRIBL.

I then removed the NVIDIA reference graphics card and re-installed the EVGA graphics card, which ran fine with peak temps reaching 80C as it is moderately overclocked. I apologize for not mentioning this in the review, but I thought this incident was a fluke. Now that other people are experiencing a similar issue, there may be more to this than I originally thought.
I didnt really undestand this post.. are you saying you installed card A, found it got too hot, removed it and installed card B, then removed card B and reinstalled card A which then ran OK?
pingu2 is offline   Reply With Quote