View Single Post
Old 06-20-08, 04:00 AM   #1380
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Sweet shots SJA06. Great colors and composition. Which trees are in use there?
Thank you very much - at the moment I'm using the default autogen textures, as I wiped my entire FSX drive when the new GenX disks were released, and one of the few things I haven’t gotten round to is the trees. I must admit I was very disappointed with the 'Natural world trees' with the flat textures, and there didn't appear to be much, if any, seasonal variation [same with TreeX] - do you find that with them Silly?

omzig - hope you like the GenX scenery. Photoscenery can feel a bit odd to start with, after the default, due to lack of Autogen, but as you know that can be added - at least to some degree.

Take a look at http://www.shepsshed.com/autogentrees.htm for some trees for you area - unfortunately vfraddons, another good site for agn seem to be defunct now - but I have a cd with all available agn on it, which I can let you have a copy of if you PM me.

If you join the Horizon forum [great little friendly place, with tons of free airfields and good advice and help] you can ask 'Ananda' for a link to his agn2genx placement tool, this puts all the agn files into the correct volume and area.

Last edited by SJA06; 06-20-08 at 04:01 AM. Reason: typo's
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote