View Single Post
Old 08-03-03, 10:07 AM   #62
digitalwanderer

Angry THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!

It was just pointed out to me at B3D that the numbers in the xbit lab article on nVidia dominating the market place came from Mercury Research.

Does Mercury Research ring a bell with anyone? I'll give you some hints; they gave an award to the nV30 as the most innovative chip in 2002 before it was even available and we all got to meet our special buddy Peter Glaskowhatshisface when he came here to explain to us how wrong we were about the nV30.

THIS IS JUST PR BS, NOTHING MORE!!!

(Sorry if I'm a bit ranty, I'm mad at myself for not catching the Mercury Research bit before it was pointed out to me...I HATE paid shills like that! )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]