View Single Post
Old 06-20-08, 10:06 PM   #1
borntosoul

Default pioneer plasma and ps3.

2 months ago i bought a pioneer plasma (42in kuro) and a ps3 (40gig)

the pioneer plasma 428XDA is something else, ive been absolutely amazed by its picture quality. Its a TV that is very hard to judge in a well lit store amongst other over bright and picture saturated TVs (they set them up that way to actract attention).
but in a dimly lit room or in the dark it delivers the most jaw droppng picture ive ever seen, 2 months later im still amazed by it. its not even full HD, ive played DVDs through it and BLU ray and never once could i say i wish it was sharper. it did take a little bit of nursing while i was running it in (takes about 100-200 hours), making sure not to pause for too long or not leave black borders on for extended periods of time. i know its a little bit of a hassle but man is it worth it.

For gaming , i chose to run the t.v in completely before i hooked up my ps3, (burn in could still be a factor so a little care is required)
i connected the ps3 with a HDMI cable and it played everything without a hitch and did it in style. it is a little noisy though on quiet listening, turning up the volume fixed that.

i loaded up GTA4 and well, I was blown away! the colors are just so vibrant and deep they give a real sence of scale and contrast that make the t.v have a slight 3.d effect (its hard to explain). then i tried Gran Turismo and my jaw hit the ground. the game was sharp and fluid and never once showed a hickup. i felt i was realy there! Im a die hard pc man but i can tell you this is something else-another beast all together. this was gaming at 1024x768 on a 42 inch screen and it didnt bother me one bit. the t.v never once stumbled, i learnt real fast that resolution is not the most important factor in making a good picture. im not saying its not important, im just saying there's a lot of things that we overlook that make a great Picture. ive got assasins creed to try next and will be getting MGS asap.

with a little care you can still have best of both worlds, great movie pic quality that looks natural and deep and great looking games.
4gig kingston ddr2
lian li v1000.
borntosoul is offline   Reply With Quote