View Single Post
Old 06-21-08, 10:43 AM   #1388
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
The FSX weather themes don't really do much for FEX, as they tend to create sheep type clouds.

Im not sure what my cloud density was here, I forgot that you asked for med - I think it's high...but it gives you an idea.
Hey thanks. So does FEX add themes to the themes menu, or do you have to make all changes through the config menu?

I'm just reluctant to get it because I tested XGraphics, and not only did the interface suck but there were no themes. Short of manually selecting 101 variables there was really no way to easily pick something cool and fly, and for the life of me I simply could not set up anything that appealed to me. The XGraphics clouds did look really cool when selecting the default Stormy Weather theme, but when it came to blue sky fair weather flying I liked the default better.

For me I would like to keep the default blue sky color, but get some cool cumulonimbus clouds to fly though. I'm mostly a fair weather flier and it seems the default is hard to beat when it come to that, but if its got a good config tool I can probably get things setup the way I want. I might just have to get it and see. Peter told me he would make sure I get my money back if I dont like it, so I suppose there is nothing to lose. lol
EVGA Intel X58