View Single Post
Old 06-25-08, 09:37 AM   #133
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Alright, here's how my night went down last night.

Tried to install it for the first time and got the usual "Can not create volume error"

I tried to install it a second time with some tips I read on insanelymac and with some tips I got form watching a youtube guide on installing it. This time it got to about 6 minutes remaining and it froze. Reboot, Restart.

Third time I try, I was able to install, took about 20 minutes. It said that the install was successful and that I needed to restart. I restarted but forgot to take out the OSX disc (Are we even suppose to?) so it went to the Darwin screen. I restarted manually and took it out and made the OSX HD the bootable one. It got past the usual BIOS screen and then nothing. I got a bunch of random flashing code and words on the left side of my screen. They were just scrolling down at a fast rate. I thought it was maybe the O/S starting up but after about 5 minutes, I gave up. I figured I should try to re-install and mess with some of the kexes.

Alright, this is the fourth time and this time I change some of the kexes, mainly the ones for an. AMD processer. I try that one and it freezes during the install again.

I gave up after that point. I had too many other things to get done last night so I will try again tonight when I get home from work. I am excited about this as I am gaining ground every night. Hopefully tonight I can make it all the way through. I am eager to transfer everything over and start using this as a main O/S.
What are your specs again? I'm curious because I've noticed something. Unless you have a Core 2 or a Quad Core with an NVIDIA 8 series card, it has problems that you have to tweak. Mine went through perfectly but it does have shut down and restart problems.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote