View Single Post
Old 09-12-02, 03:51 PM   #13
Megatron
Powered by 6800GT

Quote:
Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
I can understand why you guys are so sandy: you both are scoring about 3000 points under what you should be. Unquestionably you both own a card that has shown a measure of supremacy over my current one, but you cant make them run for s**t. Put a 9700 in my machine and I score 14000+ guaranteed.
Yep...how quickly the tune changes from this

"You obviously are going to need some advantage as your card aint one. I will post default score ASAP."

To this after the default bench most likely showed him the truth

"Unquestionably you both own a card that has shown a measure of supremacy over my current one"

And the reason Im not getting 14,000 marks is because 3DMark isnt that important to me son...if I wanted to risk frying my mobo and jacking the bus to 174 like you, Id have the 14,000 marks. But who really cares, I run at defaults..when the card gets too slow, Ill buy another.It has nothing to do with me being able to /or not to do something as simple as bumping the fsb.

And I should reword my post about the Quake 3 engine comment...i should have said the "Game" and not "engine" because you are correct the engine itself is powering some very nice games.
Windows XP