View Single Post
Old 06-30-08, 12:14 PM   #8
azanon

Default Re: Don't Ignore Min Frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
AoC runs a lot better than my 8800-320 did also. The IQ is a TON better, which may be due to a larger framebuffer too. I run everything on high, 4x AA, shadow resolution low, bloom off, cache maxed (it's 200 something mb), and the grass draw distance at around 100 and get mostly 40+ in Tortage. I'm just not too pleased with AoCs progress and haven't put much time into it lately.

The results aren't quite as dramatic as TF2, but ATI is also working on better drivers for it. The word is that Catalyst 8.7 will have AoC specific fixes in it.

edit: HardOCP did a review for the 4800s and included AoC benches.
Well yeah, I imagine the 4850 will be the 8800-320 on just about anything. I'm replacing an 8800GT (512mb) myself.

If they get AoC "fixed", provided its a driver issue and not an inferior card issue, that'd be great for them. I was ready to buy now though, so I'd rather part with more money but have the better card for AoC, .......... at least for now.

For those where price is the most important factor, even I admit nvidia doesn't look great where that's the #1 priority for the buyer. The 4850 and 4870 seem like a great value now.
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote