View Single Post
Old 07-03-08, 03:00 PM   #71
Redeemed

Default Re: I'm a noob at HT Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
Then why does everyone bash on Creative?
Because they suck!

Kidding! Creative's driver's are typically crap. Though I've heard recently they've gotten *a lot* better. I still have no reason to put that X-Fi back in my rig, though I am curious to give it a go. The Crystalyzer was nice and all, but I do enjoy utilizing the S-PDIF out and the only digital out on my X-Fi is a 3.5mm out if I recall. Don't feel like buying another cable to wire into my receiver right now. It's more of a hassle than it might seem.

For HTPC Creative's cards are essentially useless. For most games Creative's cards are almost useless. From what I recall, there aren't many titles that make really good use of EAX. Though for the games that do utilise and implement it properly, it really does sound killer (especially on a beasty 5.1 setup ). Regardless, those games are few and far between unfortunately. Newer titles like Crysis and CoD4 really don't take advantage of EAX (to my understanding) and thus sound excellent on most on-board solutions assuming you're using good speakers.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote