View Single Post
Old 07-05-08, 09:11 PM   #6
Redeemed

Default Re: This is pissing me off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
So do you mean the actual game framerate (rendering) is dropping? Or you are getting lag spikes?

If its your framerate, its most likely something on your PC or a game bug. I've never heard of anything network related actually decreasing game performance since that should be all up to the CPU and video card.

You may want to try reinstalling your network drivers.

The only other thing I can think of is that since the engine matches the game speed to the framerate (most games aren't like this) that it also matches framerates when you play online. I've heard of some RTS games doing this in the past and if you're playing an opponent with a crappy system, it'd make your game run like ass as well.
Well, I've never actually had FRAPS running while gaming online, so I'm not sure what the FPS is... but I'll put it this way: it looks like about 3-5fps at its worst. I'm assuming this is lag since it only happens when playing online or over the network.

As for my buddy's rigs, AMD Opteron185 (my old one), 2GB DDR400, eVGA 7900GTX (his first rig), AMD A64 6000+, MSI 8600GTS, 2GB DDR2 800 (his second rig), A64 3700+, 2GB DDR400 RAM, GF7600GT (his third rig). He does have a really old fourth rig, but it plays the game fine since the graphics are literally cranked as low as they can be (except for the resolution, that's maxed). All his rigs are beasty enough to play the game relatively well. So I do doubt that is it. I'm downloading the latest patch now, and will probably get a game in later tonight. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote