View Single Post
Old 07-09-08, 01:09 AM   #106
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang

Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: I'm a noob at HT Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
If it works how I think it should, all you should have to do is connect your peripherals to the TV via HDMI and then connect the optical out from the tv to your z5500 speakers. In an ideal world it should take all of the 5.1 input sources from the HDMI cables (HDMI carries audio and video) and output it to the optical out in 5.1. Hard to say if it's going to work that way or not. If it does then that is probably the best setup because it is really easy to setup and use.
My guess is that it will work because right now, I have my audio system hooked up to the TV via A/V jacks, so it's like this:

[cable box]--HDMI--[TV]--A/V jacks--(surround system)

If I attach the Z-5500's to the loop, it should look something like this:

[cable box]--HDMI--[TV]--Optical--(Z-5500)

Basically, I'm replacing the surround system with the Z-5500 and the cable from the TV to the speakers with S/PDIF Optical?

Another thing, I've read a lot about how short the speaker wires are for the Z-5500, will these work to replace them or do they have to be a certain gauge?

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote