View Single Post
Old 07-10-08, 04:54 PM   #35
ChrisRay

Default Re: The right price for the GTX200 family...

Memory bandwith has nothing to do with it. One resolution lower the 9800GTX SLI + produces more raw FPS than the GTX 280. And 9800GTX is only is only 6 FPS behind the GTX 260.

Memory bandwith does "Not" account for running out of memory. Once you ruin out of memory. Your onboard GPUs bandwith becomes almost meaningless as you are then limited by the PCIE interfaces bandwith. You can attempt to allocate that memory differently. As I am sure ATI does. But your still using system memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvearl View Post
Thank you Chris. I will run the exact same test at home. I love comparisons regardless of the outcome. I like truth and facts.

I'm such a friggin nerd.

So on my 4870 it's Edge detect 4xAA right?

Set everything to Very High in Crysis? That's it? Did you want 16xAF enabled as well or is that moot as you say.

C.
I really dont think you can compare CSAA directly to anything ATI has. Same with CFAA or Edge detection to anything that Nvidia has. The special AA modes Nvidia/ATi offers are not comparable. AF cant/wont be usable with the form of paralex mapping Crysis uses at very high.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote