View Single Post
Old 07-10-08, 09:50 PM   #54
Xion X2

Default Re: The right price for the GTX200 family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay View Post
The data is right in front of your eyes. Yet you guys keep dismissing it like its non existent. Once again. I'm not the one who brought up ATI here. My previews and articles dont mention ATI. My views and perspective had nothing to do with ATI.
This is a joke, right? You're upset because some of us "brought up ATI" when your original statement was so vague as to say "512 MB" cards? And just what is the most popular 512MB card around this forum right now? Of course many of us are going to think that you're including the 4870 in your generalization.

You need to be more specific if that was never the case.

Quote:
This insatiable desire you guys have to include ATI into that conclusion is completely beyond me. When I looked at the title of this thread. I read "The Right price for the GTX200 family" You guys are making something out of nothing by consistently bringing ATI into this. When I personally could care less.
Sorry, I was under the impression that this was a forum for enthusiasts, not Nvidia fanatics who might cry at the mere mention of ATI. Many of us don't just cling to one brand or the other and have owned both vendors and will generally discuss both vendors on occasion--especially when doing a price comparison. After all, the lowered prices in Nvidia's camp right now can be attributed to ATI and their new lineup.

The sad thing here is that I actually agree with your general statement that more VRAM is a good thing. I just don't agree with the way you present it and some of the arguments you're using to back it up with.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote