View Single Post
Old 07-11-08, 10:07 AM   #79
Xion X2

Default Re: The right price for the GTX200 family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion
I know this forum has some serious CR fanboys. Unfortunately, he feels that his intelligence makes him better than others, and he belittles others for it. His attacks on Xion were not necessary.
It's all good. I lost respect for this guy a while back when he sent me a PM on Rage3D cursing me like an army sergeant because he didn't like how I disagreed with him on a certain topic.

He knows a lot about graphics architecture, but unfortunately I think some of his bias is seeping into some of these arguments. Some of these arguments he's spinning about like "artificial memory bottlenecks" and trying to accomplish a control measure with multiple cards and different architectures is very amusing to say the least. He talks about how 512 limits performance on prior Nvidia cards and then tries to apply it to the masses/ATI. Well I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way; you're dealing with an architecture that is quite different. He completely ignores how it doesn't limit performance on the 4800-series. I don't know how many benchmarks I can show the 4800 running games at highest settings at 2560x resolution faster than the 1GB GTX280 before it'll sink in.

In general, I agree with his observation that more VRAM is a good thing. But there are workarounds--the impact can be lessened, otherwise the 4800-series would be tanking at some of these graphics settings in these benchmarks at 2560x.

As most things in life, it's not a black or white issue. There are other variables that come into play.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote