View Single Post
Old 07-12-08, 06:14 PM   #10
Dreamingawake
*BANNED*

Default Re: GeForce GTX 280 RIP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickman View Post
I haven't even owned this GTX 280 for a month, yet it looks to be left in the dust once the 4870 X2 is released in August. I've been a computer gamer since the early 80's, and I know how quickly technology changes, but this is utterly ridiculous. Even with the recent price cuts, the current GTX 280 looks to be a dead duck. I do love the performance of the card, but I thought it would take more time before the next greatest card would come and beat it. The 8800 GTX was on top for almost two YEARS, yet the GTX 280's reign will be limited to two MONTHS! I'm not so sure it's wise to invest in a top-performing video card anymore. Now that ATI and NVIDIA are at each other's throats again, the performance crown will go back and forth. Still, I like the idea of a single vs. SLI or dual-chip design as the single GPUs are free from those stuttering problems common in SLI and the 9800 GX2
you've been a gamer since the early 80's and yet this takes you by surprise..? lol

dude, seriously, the 280 owns all my friend its 512-bit bus and 1gb of dedicated ram
will be unbeatable for a long time to come. seriously why fret ???? THE ONLY
GAME THESE CARDS CAN'T COMPLETELY MAX OUT IS CRYSIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

WHO CARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS

with so many other great games to play and Crysis more than playable as it is
just ENJOY YOUR KILLER CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dreamingawake is offline   Reply With Quote