View Single Post
Old 08-07-03, 03:37 PM   #21
Steppy
Radeon 10K Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Rollo
To date, I have emailed Brian Burke, Derek Perez, and Carrie Cowan asking them why they had to devalue the 5800 by taking it off their website, and telling the reviewers they have learned from that mistake.

None of them have replied.

I have purchased a TNT1, TNT2, GF SDR, GF2 64MB, GF2 Pro, GF3, GF4 Ti4400, and GF FX5800, all new, all at Best Buy. I've pimped their stuff on many bbs, and I was one of VERY few people defending the 5800. (and still do) I can't be one of their "worst" customers, and I don't even rank a simple reply like,"We're sorry. The decision was made to distance ourselves from that card."

No.

They just sold off their nV30s to the board makers, who sold them to us at premium prices because there hadn't been a nVidia card for a long time, and washed their hands of it.

To me, that customer support is LACKING.

And I STILL think the nV30 is fine, the nV35 stellar.
I remember seeing one of said threads at anandtech. While you have the right to your opinion, the concensus I picked up from sharky's and rage3d(both linked to said thread) and IMO you had almost no validity to the arguments you tried to use. At least you seem to have taken a step back and reexamined things from a more clear headed stance.