08-07-03, 07:21 PM
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Newbie questions
1. uname -a will show something like this:
Originally posted by EeeK
Hi, juz got my RH9 installed. Here are some questions I've:
- how to check which kernel ver I have?
- where to download the kernel upgrade for linux nforce unified driver for RH9 kernel upgrade?
- how to change the default boot on GRUB?
- how to mount ntfs?
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.0-test2-ck #1 Fri Aug 1 20:40:08 EST 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
In this case my kernel is 2.6.0-test2-ck
3. as root type vim /etc/grub.conf then change default=0 to default=1 if u want the second entry is the default one.
4. Compile ur the kernel with ntfs support (Read only operation is save for now) and :
- mkdir /mnt/ntfs
- as root, vim /etc/fstab
- /dev/hda1 /mnt/ntfs ntfs defaults 0 0
*where hda is ur first IDE harddisk and 1 is the first partition on ur first IDE harddisk
Hope this help