View Single Post
Old 07-18-08, 05:18 PM   #20
Raladdar

Default Re: ATI (AMD) and nVidia slapped with class action lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianraver View Post
WOW you need a dictionary for Monopoly buddy! If AMD/ATI went out of business and Nvidia was left that would be Monopoly. Get your facts right before you start typing. Sorry don't mean to sound rude but this is over graphics cards. If you have such a BIG issue with just two companies...

Maybe you should make your own VGA cards and start selling them. Do you even know why there is only two companies? If, not then I shal explain. In the world of technology, it costs money and brains. you can have one or the other. To have both you need alot of $$$ to invest in creation of products.

ATI/AMD and Nvidia is so far ahead now that even new comers won't be able to compete. Is this ATI/AMD and Nvidia's fault? No. this law suit is more for sue happy America, and yes I love this country but what it has became is pretty shameful. Anyone will try to sue you for anything! Im sure if someone can sue you for stepping on their shoe's they would

Again, you gotta PAY TO PLAY! This goes for ANY manufacturer! Also you need to understand that a VGA card is not a necessary thing in life and for this law suit to happen is just straight REDONKULOUS! So should I start a law suiot with car companies too? For over charging on the MSRP prices? You sir need a reality check. If you want the best things in life oyu gotta pay. If the price drops, thats just normal. Price drops on VGA cards have been going on for as long as they have been out. Right now people are so desperate for money they will sue for any dumb reason.

Not to pre-judge you but you seem to sound like a sue happy person. :s
mo·nop·o·ly /məˈnɒpəli/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[muh-nop-uh-lee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my meaning so I will try again. If there are only 2 companies that make product X and they decide to work together to manipulate the market to thier advantage, then they are in essence acting as one entity. One entity with total control of a market segment is a monopoly. There was that clear enough for you?

This has been an exceptionally cut-throat market for many years now back to the early 90's as far as I remember. A lot of companies have fallen due to competition. S3, Triton, Matrox, Rendition, 3Dfx, and others I am sure I have forgotten have either went under or are shadows of the companies they once were. So yes I am very aware of why there are only 2 companies.

A video card is not a necessary thing in life? Every PC needs a graphics chip of some form to power our standard user interface. How many businesses in today's day and age do you think would be impacted if PC's vanished? Think globally here.

Oh and to set the record straight, I have never sued anyone in my life, nor do I intend to. That however doesn't predispose me to bash every lawsuit that comes up. This seems to be a soap box of yours. Perhaps you should seek therapy to deal with these anger issues you have on the subject.
Raladdar is offline   Reply With Quote