View Single Post
Old 08-08-03, 08:14 PM   #98
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon
Doesn't nVidia learn from their mistakes on this issue with their previous chipsets? Does nVidia even have a Q&A department? Seeing this come up time and time again tells me they have a real poor Q&A department.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
I don't quite understand your position here.

I have never, ever experienced any sort of flickering (described in my above post) with any of the NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards except for NV35 (and I've had quite a few). Again, there seems to be quite a big confusion when we first raised the issue of "flickering" here at nVnews.

I can't agree with your comments here, and I can bet that what people thought was a screen flickering was only a refresh rate flickering.

Now that I got everyone confused, we should redefine the symptons. It would be much easier for the users and NVIDIA (for the future).
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote