View Single Post
Old 07-24-08, 04:24 PM   #36
jolle

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

I think the city cuts were for several good reasons.
A) the art prolly wasnt done, all the content.
B) with the class cuts the balance could be off.
C) the RVR would get spread out too much, if too few people take part in the city sieges and divided over 3 areas, instead everyone is focused between 2 cities.

Class cuts, well, they said there werent happy with them, the more classes the harder to balance aswell.
Better to cut stuff, be up front about it, then to put in a lot of broken stuff and market broken features, whereupon the userbase will bleed out of the game after a while when people starts feeling cheated.
AoC is feeling alot of that I think, heard alot of complaints about features like guild city sieges and stuff not working all that well..
Shame about the Choppa though, was one of the classes I was looking forward to the most though, but it´s bound to return sooner or later.

There is potential for expansions later on, I hope they´ll add in more Chaos factions, Khorne or Nurgle would rock, Khorne berzerker or a bloated oozing Nugle tank.
Perhaps a "mixed" Chaos faction could work, to keep it simple, one class from each of the remaining principles, Khorne, Slaanesh and Nurgle, melee dps, caster, tank for example..
But thats years away at any rate, a man can dream though, a man can dream...