View Single Post
Old 07-31-08, 09:41 AM   #15
logan

Default Re: Please stop that bashing...

I paid $275 for an 8800GT in February and spent nearly every day of the week, for the next 4 months, troubleshooting system instability and performance. In early June, I shelved the card in favor of a year and a half old 7900GS. So much for my top of the line gaming rig, but at least it works... In the last two months, my 8800GT has lost nearly 2/3rds of it's value. By the time the drivers are up to spec, it will also be a year and a half old and I'll need to buy something new.

Is that something to celebrate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilseboy View Post
Please stop that bashing...
No.

Quote:
If AaronP writes something you are talking to people, not to a company.
Quote:
You are talking with people.
Who are employed by a company I've purchased goods from. It's business.

Quote:
I think nobody is having fun in the current situation so nobody have to tell the same *** over and over again.
No one else need voice their concerns?

Quote:
So just try to figure out what the problem is instead of this "crappy driver" posts.
The problem is the "crappy driver". How are we supposed to investigate and fix closed source IP?

Quote:
If you don't need it, buy another one (and bash ATI at phoronix :-P ).
Where is this money going to come from? I just spent $415 on NVIDIA hardware in the last 6 months, draining the available funds allocated for my computer. Unless they're going to buy it all back from me, I have no choice but to stay with what I have, for now.

I've read many threads about ATI at Phoronix, good and bad, and I'm game.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote