View Single Post
Old 08-04-08, 09:37 AM   #24
ViN86

Default Re: Is getting free Wi-Fi from the neighborhood illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 View Post
There is a program called Aircrack that can crack WPA2 as well as with 128bit AES, Aircrack is found to be the most powerful program support CPU multi-cores, it can do 1 million keys or more in a min by brutal force. Watch this clip on Youtube how the guy crack WPA2 with AES and it took 2 secs to find very strong password (-=Xploitz=- C0nn3cti0n=-) that are not found in the dictionary.

Also there is a program called Ettercap that can sniff VPN traffic to recover VPN username & password. Watch the clip on Youtube how to hacking VPN with Ettercap on Linux.

I had a problem running Aircrack and Ettercap for Windows, it didnt seemed to detect my Wifi and LAN hardware so Linux versions may work. I probably could try download BackTrack 3 Linux later which has all the tools include Ettercap and aircrack to try out.

No networks are safe and secured. My college Management Information System lecturer in 1997 told that networks security will never be 100% safe and secured, here no such as 100% security. I am surprised he right about it. Looked what happened to The Pentagon's biggest hacking of all time.
well, typically there is not master username/password for a VPN. you need security certificates. so unless you steal the security certificates, and then use them when the client isnt connected, youre not getting in.

on the VPN's i have set up, i didnt even use a username or password to connect. i made 5 security certificates, then i limited it to one connection per certificate. so, unless you get your hands on the security certificate (which you wont unless you actually get access to the computer, after you get into the network), then the script kiddies can do all they want, they arent getting in.