View Single Post
Old 08-11-03, 04:23 PM   #166
Flavius

Quote:
It seems like we have to wait for the PCI-X or whatever standard that allows the slot to supply 100+ watts to the peripheral card.
BALONEY! The ATI 9800 Pro card consumes a lot of power too and uses the same molex connector and it does NOT have this problem. We shouldn't let Nvidia make us wait for PCI-Express. (NOT PCI-X, thats something else.) I just bought a new 800MhHz FSB motherboard and I'm not going to throw it out now just because Nvidia can't engineer their cards properly. They'd better get out a new batch of AGP cards with this problem fixed, or they're in deep deep trouble. It will be years before all video cards are PCI-Express. What, you think everyone will go out and buy a new computer overnight?

Quote:
The only missing "feature" was robust windows platform driver, and it took their team some time to get to have the driver maturity to be comparable with nvidia.
A driver maturity that they have yet to obtain! ATI Cat 3.6 drivers can lock XP hard in some games. I don't see Nvidia drivers doing that!
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote