View Single Post
Old 08-09-08, 02:44 PM   #28
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Building Another HTPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by npras42 View Post
I don't know if all HTPC cases are like this but both of my brothers have Silverstone cases that look like the one you've posted six_storm and they were a complete waste of money.

They do not offer any special features at all. They don't have any tool-free features (not even thumbscrews) for anything, they don't have a removable HDD tray, they had a stupid bar right in the middle running the length of the case that got in the way of CPU HSF installation, the fans were very noisy and it wasn't like they were made out of quality thick aluminium either.

I've never had a regular Silverstone case so I don't know if all of them are like that, but I've ruled myself out of ever spending a lot of cash on one of their HTPC offerings.
Here's what I was looking for in a case: 2 optical drives (DVD and BD-ROM), 4 or more HDD bays, room to work, room for airflow and good looks to match my home theater furniture. The Silverstone case does all of this and I haven't really seen any other case that does this. Do you have a suggestion on the case? I'd be glad to take a look at it.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote