View Single Post
Old 08-10-08, 11:49 AM   #48
Xion X2

Default Re: So I got second GTX280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Again man, what someone doesn't notice, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People perceive things others don't.
It can also work in opposition. What one perceives may be all in their head.

If I perceive a pink elephant across the room dressed in polka-dot boxer shorts, does it mean that he exists?

Quote:
Other people experience things others don't notice until told
Precisely the point. It's a lot easier to see something after someone else puts the idea in your head, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's an accurate perception.

For the record, I'm not saying that microstuttering does not exist. I've seen the research and graphs and can follow the logic. But this issue is way, way, WAY overblown to the point of being ridiculous now. People are paranoid about an issue that rears its head maybe 1-2% of the time on multi-GPU configs in a way that can be perceived. And even when it does occur, it's usually a productive tradeoff since 35-45fps--the point it seems to occur at--is still about double the framerate they would get on a single card in that situation.

The bottom line is that if your setup is strong enough to push 45+ fps on a consistent basis in the games you play, then you will probably NEVER notice this issue.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote