View Single Post
Old 08-17-08, 08:28 PM   #88
Medion

Default Re: Nvidia 260 GTX ot ATI HD 4870

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvearl View Post
Nice to see ya bro! Rage is ok. I think it's getting better again. I think all forums go through phases. They all seem to have their share of good guys and smacktards. I will always miss Ratchet and very sad to have lost Vengie. Otherwise it is picking up again. I ignore any smacktards I come across.

4870 vs. 260? Bah. They perform so close in 75% of games that I dare anyone to tell the difference in a blind taste test (in same case) in those games. The other 25% there is likely wins in either direction. Really cannot go wrong with either card. Last year I was an 8800GT ****. This year 4870. Next year who knows!

Everything has been great so far. Thanks for asking. Hope you and yours are having a restfull summer too.

C.
Probably one of the most accurate comparisons of both cards. As stated, performance is relatively close in most games. There are a lot of games where the Radeon gets a clear lead with 8xAA, but then there are also a few games where the Radeon cannot properly implement AA for some reason. GeForce performance is more consistent while the Radeon has highs and lows. The GeForce supports PhysX, while the Radeon offers DX10.1 support. Both cards are simply outstanding for the price, and you can't go wrong with either.

I still feel that the HD4870 is the better overall performer, but if I had to choose which to get, it would be an agonizing decision.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote