View Single Post
Old 08-19-08, 12:41 AM   #29
cvearl
Radeon 9700 Pro

Default Re: NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by buicks suck View Post
I notice shimmering with my parents 1900xtx at hq af, and with catalyst ai disabled and adaa enabled.

To me the difference in the aftester look pretty big to me.

I won't be surprised though if nvidia does downgrade to ati's "hq" af. I'm sure they would've had they known that so many people are unfortunately indifferent to nvidia's superior af.

Keep in mind, ati didn't have the best filtering in mind with the r500 b/c there's no hw filtering for fp16 textures. it does it thru shaders. less than near perfect filtering is unnacceptable, imo.
Downgrade to ATI's IQ indeed. ROFLMAO. You sir should have your own comedy show.

I try and try and try.... 90% of the time on the exact same screens I cannot see a difference in AF now. It's all BS IMO.

Maybe if I zoomed in a select screen shot on a rare angle somewhere and side by sided it but I honestly cannot pick it out while playing. It is that minor.

You have to go to High Quality Filtering in the nV CP to kill some of the track side shimmering I see in GTR2 and richard burns rally. At least when I played it with my 8800GT.

It's 6 of this and a half dozen of the other as per the usual.

Oh and in the nV CP you have to force Gamma Correct AA as well as the ATI driver is locked with Gamma Correct AA and it cannot be "downgraded".

C.
cvearl is offline   Reply With Quote