- Improved support for RENDER masks, as well as RENDER repeating modes and transformations, for video memory pixmaps.
- Added accelerated support for RENDER convolution filters for video memory pixmaps on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs.
- Added an 'AllowSHMPixmaps' X configuration option, which can be used to prevent applications from using shared memory pixmaps; the latter may cause some optimizations in the NVIDIA X driver to be disabled.
- Added support for DisplayPort display devices (including 30-bit devices).
- Resolved various stability problems on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs, as well as some GeForce 6 and 7 PCI-E GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in GPU errors when changing the TwinView display configuration while using Compiz.
- Further improved the error recovery paths taken in case of GPU command stream corruption.
- Removed an old workaround that caused incorrect fake Xinerama information to be reported after enabling a second TwinView display.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Fixed a bug that caused intermittent kernel panics when stress testing attach/detach paths.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x64/x86
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 177.67
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log