View Single Post
Old 08-19-08, 08:54 PM   #1
AshG
Panem et circenses

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG
Default Board not holding O/C settings, help needed

I'm running a Q9300 / Gigabyte EP35-DS3P setup with 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2-800 RAM. I have been trying to do some mild overclocking to get a little more performance out of the combo, but the system can't seem to keep hold of the settings.

I can get the board set to 7.5x400 and it will stay with those parameters for a few days, then I will boot up and the machine will halfway power up, turn itself off, then turn itself back on with the basic settings.

I have run Prime95 25.2 for several hours with this overclock and had no errors (yes, I made sure to turn on rounding checking). The drop-back to default values seems to be a random occurrence.

Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated; my full rig is listed below.

Gigabyte EP-DS3P F5, Q9300 (Thermaltake TMGi1), 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR2-800, Radeon 4870, MaxLineIII 250GB, Hitachi 7k250 250GB, Pioneer SATA DVD. Corsair HX620 PSU