View Single Post
Old 08-21-08, 01:55 PM   #160
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Diablo III announced

A recent Penny Arcade adequately handles the moron brigade complaining about "LOL ITZ NOT DARK ENUFF /wrist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho@Penny Arcade
You might not be aware of it, and that would be to your credit, but there is a "fan outcry" over Diablo III's use of colors other than gray and red. Tracey gets the game's designer on the "horn," and has him explain what he likes and doesn't like about the many fan altered shots of the game that are floating around. What you get as a reader is a surprisingly constructive assessment of why things don't work, or why they have done things differently, or why they have done that - only in an area we haven't seen yet. It's fascinating, wall to wall.

I would like to draw your attention to the last shot they offer, though: a shot which contrasts "Necromancers Choice" with "wow gayness." It was never clear to me if the shot was offered up by a necromancer, or someone who goes by Necromancer, or if this aesthetic is the preference of nine out of ten necromancers, or what. **** be ambiguous. "wow gayness" is, as a phrase, almost too stupid to contemplate. We tried to imagine the sort of person who takes world-class design, changes the contrast, and then calls themselves the artist. It wasn't especially difficult.

When I buy the next Diablo, I'll be playing it exclusively for the art. I watched the entire direct-feed presentation, and the only things that kept me going were the wild palette shifts and chunky, hewn environs. I could hear the clicking of mice throughout, click click, like insects. The whole thing made me itch.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/8/6/

Couldn't agree with him more.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote