Thread: AJAX FTW!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-08, 07:48 PM   #9
fivefeet8
Ngemu Mod

Default Re: AJAX FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
I took a simple script I found somewhere from a little tutorial and modified it to my taste. Theres a bit more to it now, just generic xmlhttp using GET. I would like to use POST eventually, but this works for now.

I prefer to make my own stuff, or build from something small like in this case. Sometime in the future I would like to create some modular libraries out of it and make it reusable.
That's what I did when I first started doing AJAX development, but as time went on, I simply needed to do things that required me to use more developed libraries as I didn't have the time to really develop my own.

I ended up using the dojotoolkit for my recent projects. The concept of using AJAX for asyncronous post/get is not that hard to implement. It's the data type return that you want and need to use that is the part to consider. I also used a lot of HTML return data as well, but now I've started using JSON data for the data exchange simply because the amount of data being returned was becoming quite large with HTML. And also because newer versions of PHP includes a JSON encoding/decoding extension written in C that is super fast at taking any object in PHP and changing it into a JSON string for echoing back to the javascript.
[i7 2600k @4.4ghertz][2x4 GB DDR3 1600][EVGA GTX570 1.280GB SC][EVGA GTX460 physx][Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Z68][2xSeagate 160 Gb SATA HD raid0][Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HD][Sony Bravia 40' 1080p LCD HDTV][NEC 3520a DVD+-DLw][Windows 7 Ultimate x64][Rosewill 1000w]
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote