View Single Post
Old 08-25-08, 09:42 PM   #26
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Default Re: Diablo 3: What character types would you want see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
DEAR everyone talking about halfmagetypes.. and casting and wielding weapons still:

THIS ISNT F**KING WOW!!!!

ITS DIABLO

YOU CAN USE ANY ITEM SO LONG AS YOUR STR SAYS SO

YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE ANY CHARACTER TO DO ANYTHING

THE ONLY THING THAT IS CHAR SPECIFIC IS DUAL WIELDING

YOUR SORC CAN HAVE A SWORD AND SHIELD

YOUR PALADIN CAN USE A BATTLESTAFF

there is no.. running around "casting light magic" and attacking with "light armor"

this isnt a gay fantasy game like wow or many previous mmo's..

its the diablo franchise.. a dark, dreary, blood and guts, slaughtering hordes of monsters in SECONDS with 8 dudes and running at fast paces through swarms of beasts...

there is no watch and play...

you make a character based on the synergies sure.. but you can create anything you want..

there will be a sorc based character and a paladin based character...

it seems like the witchdoctor is half necro half druid.. so im not sure the expansion will unleash a druid like character

and im tired of typing.
Dear NOOBles,

You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. I was implying that there be MORE than 3 simple classes, and do what you will with them. The way I would like to see it, as maybe like 6-8 classes. With restrictions on certain classes brings about different strategies, and combats. Furthermore, It was just a suggestion, and not set in stone. So stop huffing glue, and chugging Red Bull.

Oh, and as for the WoW comments...I've never played it, NEVAR!!!! I was, however, playing Dungeons & Dragons WAY back before you even had feathers on your pseudo-dragon. And THEY had multi-classes, and hybrid classes, even in 1983!

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote