View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 01:18 AM   #3
XxDeadlyxX
STALKER!!!!!!!!

Default Re: UT3 runs worse with 'Enable SLI Technology'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
If you do find that UT3 runs better on a single card, i don't think you need to disable SLI manually each time, can't you just use nHancer to force a different SLI profile, say Single GPU instead of whatever is there by default?

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried enabling VSync (and triple buffering if UT3 has that)? I found in some games that enabling VSync smoothed them out noticeably in SLI.
Already tried that. It seems to have nothing to do with choosing Single GPU or any other mode (Auto or AFR etc), anything when Nvidia CP is set to 'Enable SLI technology' does not give as good fps as 'Do not use SLI technology'.

I am running Vsync.

Best way I can describe it is, if I go on Deck with 'Do not use..' and have no bots then the framerate pretty much does NOT go lower than 60fps except to 58-59 occasionally. If "Enable SLI.." is chosen and I do the same thing, the fps drops to 50 and in the 40s when I fire rockets into the middle of the map etc.
Main PC [Core i7 980X @ 4.3GHz] [Gigabyte X58A-UD7] [7TB of HDDs] [2x Inno3D GTX 480 SLI @ stock] [12GB Team Xtreem 7-7-7-24 @ 1500mhz] [Antec 1200] [Alienware AW2310 (general use/3D Vision) and Samsung 46B650 @ 1080p24] [X-Fi Forte] [Pioneer Blu-ray BDC-S02] [Silverstone Strider 1500W] [Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1] [Windows 7 x64] 3DMark Vantage - 38010
XxDeadlyxX is offline   Reply With Quote