View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 03:08 PM   #16
Mr.Schme

Default Re: MMORPGs are getting to easy and taking too much time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
ALL games are about money. DUH! You take this stuff way to serious. Do you actually think the creators of Everquest sat down and said "lets make a game for the love of making games that piss people off and punish them for playing it. And just to make things more interesting, lets not make any money off the game. After all we want to be purists and show our love of video game torture" Are you friking high? The reason they got rid of the stupid death penalties is because most people thought it was FUCING STUPID! Only a very tiny minority of people like the high punishment rate in Everquest. Only a tiny few people like games like Everquest where the developers say to the people buying their service "F YOU IM THE DUNGEON MASTER AND YOU WILL PLAY MY ****ING VISION OF THIS HELLHOLE CALLED EVERQUEST"

In EVERY aspect WoW is a better game than Everquest. You guys are pissing and moaning because the vast majority of people do not like punishing games like Everquest. If you like that style of game then good for you, go play it. Just shut your damn pie hole and let us play the games we like in peace. I hate WoW fanboys just as much as I hate you Everquest fanboys. I play these games to hang out with my online buddies on vent.
No f***ing s*** everyone is in it to make money! Games like EQ appealed to a certain type of gamer, too bad that certain type of gamer wasn't a large group of people comparing to the whole group of 'gamers' in general. I was stating that when a game like EQ came out, it was just fun for that group but wasn't appealing at all to other groups of gamers for various reasons. With games like WoW, Blizz made the game for group X, and over the years theyve twinked the game to get groups Y, Z, ... etc thus making the game more mainstream and attracting a wider variety of gamers. By making the game appeal to more, you're going to eventually lose some earlier demographics because the negative changes made out weigh the aspects in which group X liked. Sucks for them, because by making those changes blizz added groups Y, Z, A and B but losing group X. Fair deal to them, they get more money, but they lose the group that they initially targeted.

Btw i didn't even mention a preference of EQ or WoW, i was commenting on MMOs as a whole and why theyre so much easier. l2read.
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote