View Single Post
Old 08-15-03, 01:36 PM   #1
whit

Default unresolved symbols in nvaudio.o

# insmod nvaudio.o
nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate_R895c54b6
nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec_R83a75e83
nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate_R9120062b

I've rebuilt my (from tar) vanilla 2.4.21 kernel several times, running mrproper in between builds, rebuilding the modules from NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz each time, and I always get this precise set of errors, making nvaudio unusable. The NIC works, but the the audio and AGP support in 0261 don't (the latter causes kernel compile failure if enabled - I've posted separately on that).

Anyway, is there some workaround to this one? I'm using gcc version 3.2.3, if that makes a difference - but of course this is the main target version of gcc for kernel development, so I hope nVidia isn't counting on people still using gcc 2.

I also hope nVidia is moving towards releasing as much of its driver code as it possibly can under the GPL, so that community development can get it mature enough avoid the problems so many of us here seem to be running into.

Also, is there supposed to be specific nVidia ide support? I don't see that option in the stock kernel, although I've seen it mentioned here in passing.

Thanks,
Whit
whit is offline   Reply With Quote