View Single Post
Old 09-15-02, 01:22 AM   #289
cricket

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Blue

Dave,

Thanks for the post. However, I believe that something here is wrong with my setup. I just bought a new Dell Dimension 8200 witwh GF4Ti4200. I get these settings (after Det. 4 is installed):

-GeForce4ti 4200
- nView Display Mode
- 3D AntiAlias Settings
- Overlay Control
- NVRotate
- Clock Frequencies
- AGP Settings

So this is my dilema! I got the Clock Frequencies and AGP settings by using the script Coolbits. I need to somehow enable:

OpenGL Settings
Direct3D Settings
Desktop Utilities

I suspect that this Dell configuration is somehow blocking these from the registry.

Any further help would be appreciated..

-M

mr blue..i got the direct3d and open gl settings to show up on my dell... this is how i did it. OPEN LOCAL HARD DRIVE(usually c:drive)..and look for yellow folder named "DRIVERS"...open it up and there should be about three other yellow folders..look for one named "VIDEO"..open it up and send to recycle bin any drivers version in there.( i just deleted the whole folder because it only had refference to some 2745 drivers )..after that uninstall your current drivers from add/ remove programs then reboot. then reinstall the 30.82 drivers(3082 are better for now than 4041's)..then reboot again and all the tabs should be in additional properties of video card display. it least it worked for me. ***make sure antivirus is off or disabled when installing new drivers for some reason dell threw in these 2745 drivers that always seemed to leave behind piece's of themself's whenever i changed drivers the were never really gone, but the 2745's are gone now and everything is the way is should be. after you change your drivers u may need to reinstall "REFORCE TOOL" for fixing the 60mhz refresh rate monitor problems. you know what the refresh force tool is all about right? let me know if it worked for you.
1GB (2 X 512MB) Kingston HyperX (KHX3200AKB/1GR (2-3-2-6)
XFX NVIDIA 7600GT AGP (256MB) (@ 580Mhz Core-1.5Ghz Memory Speeds)
80 GB MAXTOR DIAMOND MAX 9 (8Mb Cache)
WINXP HOME ED -w/Vista Transformation Pack 6
ANTEC SLK 3700 BQE CASE
Nec ND-1100A DVD/RW Drive
CD Drive
7 in 1 Multimedia Card reader For My SD Digital Camera Pictures
cricket is offline   Reply With Quote