View Single Post
Old 09-06-08, 04:43 AM   #6
sajko7

Unhappy Re: dvi output from Ti4200 stopped working

Same thing happened to me - although it was under WinXP, not Linux, but the symptoms seem to be the same.

I have been using my Hanns-G LCD panel for about a year and a half. It's 19" HX191D model. I've been using DVI input most of the times, and occassionaly VGA input. The cards used so far were: Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro, Asus Radeon X800 XT Extreme, and now - Club3D GeForce 7900 GTX. I use this computer mostly for gaming, Battlefield2 to be precise. I've played this game on all three graphics cards and couple of days ago I was playing as usual when something weird happened - the screen went blank, then the message "no signal input, check video cable" went on, as if the cable wasn't connected. And that simply wasn't true, because I didn't fiddle with the cables at all.

I'm afraid the DVI input in the LCD panel got fried somehow, I don't know how, I've got no way of checking that at this time. NB: the DVI-to-VGA connector still works, I am using the VGA input of the LCD panel right now.

Until that unfortunate incident I was able to use DVI with no problems at all - the BIOS, boot menu, DOS, etc. were working fine. Now - DVI's gone. Can anyone help?

PS1. I used nVidia 169.21 drivers when that happened.
PS2. I ran the native resolution of the LCD - 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz most of the times and the same resolution in the game when DVI went dead.
sajko7 is offline   Reply With Quote