View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 06:03 PM   #20
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by s064809 View Post
Honestly, I have never played any close-beta of Warhammer and I've been a WOW player all along. My MMORPG experience is extensive, from UO, Lineage2, Dragonraja, EQ 1 and 2, Star Wars Galaxy to WOW.

Personally, I think if a MMORPG is meant to be successful, there should be some factors like below:

1. The introductory session of the game like first several levels is very important. I can say EQ2 and WOW have done a very good job (esp. EQ2).

2. The graphics should be reasonably nice. WOW has poor graphics but the clever artist could make use of its "unique" style to cover up the poor polygons and textures. So far, style-wise, WOW has passed in terms of graphics while EQ 2 has got the best graphics among all MMORPGs albeit its insane hardware requirements (I think my current 280GTX PC still can't max all in EQ2 video option)

3. Fun

4. Enough population to sustain its "Mass" as in its category "MMORPG"

ok, in my humble newbabie opinion, I think Warhammer has got a very poor start. I don't know what I should do. What I know is to talk to some guys in the town and kill some monsters or talk to somebody so as to gain some exp. The whole process is boring and I don't feel I actually immense myself in that atmosphere. I've tried 2 sides and basically the feeling is more or less the same.

The graphics are very very poor. I can say it's even poorer than WOW when u judge the graphics holistically. It's even poorer than Guild War and AOC while it claims that it has been on development for several years. I can't believe that. The texture is so lame. The character is so detached from the surrounding environment. The spell looks so lame even though I am a 26 dark mage. The graphics are really lame. That's a huge disappointment.

Also it's not fun and well, that's my personal opinion.

The population of the game is great for now but I think it's gonna go down some months later.

I regret for spending 79.9 on a piece of ... disappointment.
Ok...
Well that is JUST YOUR opinion...but I dont think your playing the same game that I am...or especially not siince open beta.
How can you possibly say the graphics are poor?
The graphics make wow look like a cartoon drawing done by a 5yr old kid.

The game play..is amazing...
Did you not compete in any of the public quests or the scenarios?

I personally think you are one of those people that walked in..played for 1 h
hour....couldnt get the hang of it and then decided it was to hard and you hated it.

*shrug*