View Single Post
Old 08-18-03, 11:10 AM   #44
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Dig, I predicted the PR blitz that occurred recently. More importantly, though, I predicted that they would release info about their optimizations and how they would try to make sure that they didn't affect IQ in order to have a clean slate for NV40.

But yes. They will start visiting boards. It's been far too successful for ATI for NVIDIA to simply ignore it.
Ok, NOW I get what you're saying more. I thought you were implying they're going to do a 180 degree turn-around and get honest and quit lying, all you're saying is they ARE going to be making a board presence soon.

You're not saying that you think they're going to change their tactics, just that they're going to add talking on BBs to it.

It makes MUCH more sense that way!

I'm personally looking forward to them coming on the boards, I got a LOT I wanna talk to them about....

They can't just blatantly lie on boards, they'll get called on it. They can't retract words or change them after the fact, which I like the idea of having something to hold them to in writing.

And they'll have to deal with me, which I REALLY like.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote